What Is CBD?
You hear and see the word everywhere nowadays. From oils, balms and creams to tea, chocolates and gummies, CBD is everywhere (some spas are even offering CBD facials). This super trendy chemical compound is the IT wellness product of the moment (your pets can even benefit from it); and for good reason! The benefits of this plant compound far outweigh the controversies that sometimes plague it. But what exactly is CBD? CBD stands for cannabidiol. This is a chemical compound extracted from the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant is made up of different compounds called cannabinoids, the most well known being THC and CBD. CBD and THC are just 2 of the 113 different compounds that can be extracted from the cannabis plant! CBD is the one of the chemical compounds that doesn’t cause the psychoactive or “high” effect that the THC compound produces. In fact, CBD has been touted as being able to help with a slew of different ailments in humans and animals alike. Back pain? Depression? Insomnia? Check, check check!
Full Spectrum CBD vs CBD Isolate
Okay, so now that you know what CBD is and what it stands for (and you know it’s not the part of the plant that gets you “high”) let’s dive in to the different forms of CBD; full spectrum and isolate.
Full spectrum CBD oil is packed with a ton of health and wellness benefits! Full spectrum CBD contains more cannabinoids and other important, natural compounds (like terpenes and even tiny, trace amounts of THC) and is usually minimally refined, leaving most of the important cannabinoid compounds intact. Terpenes are important because they have anti-inflammatory properties; helping to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation. And, terpenes have been shown to increase the efficiency of the other cannabinoids (like THCA, CBG and CBN, which can help with anything from anxiety, anti-bacterial and eliminating pain). Full spectrum CBD oil, sometimes referred to as whole plant, is also packed with essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, proteins and even fiber!
CBD isolate is exactly what it sounds like; it is pure, 99% isolated CBD. Any other plant extracts found in the cannabis plant are removed leaving this pure, crystalline powder. After the extraction process from the plant is completed, CBD isolate goes through another process of purification, which involves filtering out all the important plant materials from the extract. Because CBD isolate is just pure CBD extract, you’re missing out on so many health benefits that are found in full spectrum CBD, like the other cannabinoids and terpenes. A number of studies have been performed comparing the two and in doing so have found that taking CBD isolate after a certain dose rendered it ineffective, but as the dose of full spectrum CBD increased, so did it’s effectiveness! Most people prefer the full spectrum form anyway, so let’s take a look at some of the key benefits of whole plant CBD.
Benefits of Full Spectrum CBD
You might think choosing the pure, isolate form of CBD is best, but it’s actually quite the opposite; you’ll be missing out on so many health benefits by not choosing the full spectrum form of CBD! Whole plant CBD normally contains a measured amount of THC, but in a small enough amount that you’re not experiencing any psychological effects. When all these cannabinoid compounds are together, we get what is known as the “entourage effect”. In simple terms, the entourage effect is the idea that the cannabis plant itself contains a ton of helpful compounds but all these compounds work a heck of a lot better together! The relationships between these many cannabinoids, when together, increases each others effects. So, all this talk of all the amazing health benefits of full spectrum CBD and you’re probably anxiously awaiting to hear them!
How to Take and Health Benefits of Full Spectrum CBD
Everyone from you to your dog can benefit from it and nowadays, there are a variety of ways to take whole plant CBD oil. Here at Green Angel CBD, you can find many forms including:
- Lip balms
- Lotions and body butters
- Body scrubs
- Pastes and salves
- Coffee beans
- Water soluble drops
- And even honey sticks!
The range of health and wellness of full spectrum CBD oil is vast and some of these include:
- Anxiety relief. Some research has suggested that ingesting full spectrum CBD oil can change the way your brain responds to serotonin, which is the happy hormone. It has been shown to reduce stress, helped people with insomnia and even improved symptoms of PTSD (post traumatic stress) in some individuals. If you have an important meeting or speech in front of a crown and you oftentimes get really nervous, full spectrum CBD could help with this!
- Reducing inflammation. Full spectrum CBD oil has been shown to help people who suffer from chronic inflammation and pain. Arthritis and spinal cord injuries, along with any muscles pains has shown positive results and less pain when supplementing with CBD oil.
- Reducing seizures. Patients who took a low dose of CBD found a great reduction in the number of seizures they were experiencing.
- Helping with certain skin conditions like acne and psoriasis. One study found that CBD oil prevented activity in our sebaceous glands which are the glands in our skin that produce oil. Less oil = less breakouts!
- Relieving nausea
- Promoting bone growth and density
- Treating certain fungal infections like athlete’s foot
- Cancer symptoms. While not a ton of research has been done on this, some studies have found that cancer symptoms can potentially lessen when using CBD. The National Cancer Institute stated that CBD can also help alleviate some cancer treatment side effects, like nausea and anxiety.
Green Angel Full Spectrum CBD Oil
Here at Green Angel CBD, we offer 100% organic, high quality CBD made from the flower only. We are premium retailers based out of New York City. We are committed to providing you with the best of the best; we use a special extraction process that ensures the preservation of all the wonderful benefits of CBD. By only extracting from the CBD flower, we can guarantee that you will be receiving the most pure, beneficial and natural form of our products!